The history of Tullibardine as a location for brewing and distilling is one of the oldest in Scotland, dating back to the 15th Century. Our story begins in 1488, when a young King James, IV of Scotland, stopped by before his coronation to purchase beer from the local brewery. This brewery was known for producing fine beer as a result of the local water source. By 1503, the King had granted them a Royal Charter. It was in 1947 that William Delmé-Evans began converting this original brewery into the Tullibardine Distillery. Upon testing the water from the nearby springs, Delmé-Evans knew he had found the perfect location for distilling whisky.